Pipe relining is an excellent way to add life and integrity to old pipes, without costly replacements requiring the excavation of gardens, driveways or structures on your property. Curran Plumbing is an award-winning company that specialises in relining pipes. We provide skilled relining work and quality materials, along with a 25-year warranty.
With more than 30 years of experience in installing and repairing pipes in Australian homes, we are confident in recommending pipe relining to customers for a fast, trenchless and cost-effective solution.
As one of the first plumbing companies in Australia to offer this service, we have the right experience and insight to develop the best solution for your individual needs.
How We Check To See If Your Pipes Are Right For Relining
You are usually alerted to the fact that something is wrong with your pipes by drain overflow, low water pressure, gurgling sounds, bad smells or the water in the toilet bowl either overflowing or receding.
To book a service call with an experienced plumbing technician, simply contact Curran Plumbing by phone or through the contact form on our website.
A Curran Plumbing technician will attend your home to diagnose the problem by checking your pipes with a CCTV camera to determine what is causing the blockage.
They will also show you video footage of any damaged, cracked or blocked pipe.
If the pipe is cracked or damaged, then pipe relining may the best solution for your needs. Our team will explain more about what is involved, including how much of the pipe needs to be relined and the steps we take to get your pipes ready for the relining procedure.
We will provide you with up-front price for our pipe-relining services.
How Pipe Relining Works
Relining instead of replacement
Relining simply repairs and strengthens an existing pipe – instead of completely replacing damaged or older pipes.
Pipes are relined by creating an epoxy resin sleeve that fits inside the old pipe and bonds to it.
Pipe replacement is a slow process that requires excavation, removal, replacement and tidy up.
Pipe relining is a fast process, requiring just a small hole to access the pipe, which can then be cleaned and relined using the specialised equipment. Pipe relining is sometimes called the ‘no dig’ or ‘trenchless’ method as there is no need to excavate around the pipes.
The length of the pipe that needs to be relined will be based on the damage that has occurred. Curran Plumbing will provide the best advice based on our CCTV inspection of your pipes.
The relining procedure
- A plumber’s drain camera is sent down the old pipe to identify damage or blockage points.
- Debris, including rot, tree roots or rust, is removed and surfaces smoothed off using pipe cutters.
- The old pipes are cleared and cleaned with water jets and then dried.
- The lining requirements are measured. In a purpose-built truck, the epoxy resin is mixed with a hardening agent and applied evenly to the liner.
- A small, single hole is dug to access the old pipe.
- The epoxy resin coated lining is placed in position and then adhered to the pipe interior with a compressed air technique.
- The epoxy resin is ‘cured’ to create a new seamless and watertight lining.
- Any inspection pits or junctions in the old pipe can now be cut out.
- Final testing can be conducted using visual inspection, a drain camera and leak detection equipment.
The thick epoxy resin will cover gaps and cracks, giving your old pipes a new lease of life. The lining is fixed permanently, and can be just as tough as a new pipe.
Which pipes can be relined?
Relining is an economic option for the vast majority of households in Australia, and can be applied to:
- sewer lines.
It is suitable for pipes made from terracotta, PVC, concrete and cast iron.
Why use epoxy resin for the pipe relining?
Curran plumbing favours epoxy resin products for pipe relining as epoxy resin is:
- does not need steam or heat to solidify
- has a curing time that is manageable
- is safe for consumption and therefore safe for water supply lines.
What equipment is used?
At Curran Plumbing we incorporate the latest plumbing technology, including:
- high-tech CCTV cameras to diagnose pipe condition and to monitor lining after installation
- a water jet to help clear any blockages or debris and also to clean the pipe prior to relining
- robotic pipe-cutters to prepare the pipe before lining by smoothing surfaces.
- compressed air equipment to insert and press in the epoxy resin sleeve
- high-tech cameras to diagnose pipe condition and to monitor lining after installation.
Our Guaranteed High-Quality Products and Workmanship
Curran Plumbing only uses the best quality products, including a WaterMark™ liner that meets AS3500. We provide a 25-year warranty on pipe relining services, as well as an annual camera inspection to ensure everything is running smoothly.
Curran Plumbing has been awarded the WaterMark™ licence, which identifies quality plumbing, water supply, sewerage and draining goods. All our pipe relining products have the WaterMark™ licence.
Customers choose products that have the WaterMark™ to ensure the plumbing work that has been carried out is covered by household insurance.
Great Reasons To Choose Pipe Relining For Your Home
Pipe relining is cost-effective, less invasive than an excavate-and-replace approach and adds quality finishes that increase pipe longevity. Consider pipe relining for your next household plumbing upgrade.
Discuss these pipe relining advantages with your plumbing technician:
- The no-excavation process can be completed in a day
- It can fix just the damaged sections, rather than a whole length of pipe
- It is particularly suited to steep blocks with limited access
- Minimal ground disturbance and mess
- Structurally low impact on foundations, tiles and driveways
- Less upheaval of nearby lawns, trees and gardens
- Less impact on birds and animals
- Environmentally low impact as old pipes don’t become landfill
- Economical due to labour-saving and less disruptive process
- Upfront, clear pricing as procedure is straightforward
- Durable products with 50-year life expectancy
- Lining withstands future root penetration
- Lining repels calcification
- Lining will withstand hydro-jet cleaning
- Increases water flow to and from your home
- Provides piece of mind
- Your family protected from sewage leak and digging debris
- Products and service guarantee
- Improves value of property.
Why Curran Plumbing Is The Right Choice For Pipe Relining Services
Throughout the years Curran Plumbing has conducted pipe-relining services at hundreds of homes across the Shoalhaven, Illawarra and Sutherland Shire regions.
Customers continue to choose Curran Plumbing because of our experience, professionalism and knowledge of the latest plumbing technology, and this makes us the right choice for your pipe relining project:
- We are fully licensed and insured and have been operating for more than 30 years.
- Our quality approach to pipe relining provides Curran Plumbing customers with the assurance of durable products, skilled workmanship, a 25-year warranty and annual camera inspection.
- We will provide you with the right advice for your individual needs.
- We continue to invest in the latest and most effective pipe relining technology for the benefit of our customers.
Call us today for more information on pipe relining services.